So Sunday night I found myself in the emergency room of a hospital. Three scoops of icecream is all it took to turn me into a mess of a person who had difficulty breathing or swallowing, was very light-headed, shaking, had a high pulse rate and was just about to collapse. I scared the hell out of my flat-mate, but rest assured, he wasn't as scared as I.
I've been talking to doctors, venom experts from Australia, etc. etc. etc. to see if this had anything to do with the bite I got in January. The consensus was that no, it didn't, and that the venom only lasts for 5 days anyway. So whatever I've got now is supposed to be unrelated to the bite, supposedly.
The major theory going around is that I have an allergy to something. Obviously, this allergy must have developed this year (since the bite, I reckon) because as my friends know, I eat a heck of a lot of food. Currently I can't eat any type of food without getting a reaction. Even a glass of water yesterday caused something to happen. In the past few months I have at times experienced numbness in my legs and just a general light headedness. I've told this to doctors etc, but they've either put it down to the bite or just don't know what is going on and that I'll recover from whatever it is.
Yay, so now I'm probably allergic to anything you can eat or drink. This is a problem. I'm not expecting anyone out there to solve this, but it's just for my friends and family to know.