08 January 2005

It's by the friggin' Monkees!

There have been a few songs bugging me my whole life coz I like them a lot but I don't know who the hell they're by (and I don't know enough of the lyrics to google them). One I don't think I'm ever going to figure out until I actually hear it on some CD coz it's some Spanish song from the mid 80's or something like that. I've just solved the identity of one of the others however. I used to listen to this one when I was in Year 1. Yeah, a long time ago. There was a tape player out in the shed and I used to play this song over and over and then sing it at school. The name of the song is "Listen to the band" by the Monkees. I got it wrong at the time, I used to say "Listen to the fan." It didn't make much sense back at the time, and last week I thought about it again and determined that it must have been "band" instead of "fan". A quick google and a download of the song and voila! Mystery solved.

Today is a good day.

1 comment:

Kristian Golding said...

Hehe. Perhaps. I'm actually listening to "Turtle Power" at the moment by TMNT/MC Hammer. It must be something worse than concussion I think. ALTHOUGH I did come across a song by the Teen Queens* on my iPod before and it sounded just as shocking now as it did back then.

*I'm absolutely, positively sure this came from a compilation CD.