15 January 2005

Rum Barrels - aka Baby Elephant killers

Last night I cruised along to a 33rd birthday party at a Thai themed place called "Mai Kai". It used to be one of the biggest and best places to go to in Ft Lauderdale back in the 50s and 60s and today it still rocks. Apparently there was a deal going on that if you bought one rum barrel you'd get another one free. Awesome. So I bought two, giving me 2 free drinks later on. A couple of points must be made:

1) A rum barrel is $14 *each*. Ouch!
2) I don't know what the hell was in them, but they were effen strong! Someone said that each rum barrel was like 6 standard drinks. Kapow!
3) I had 4 of these buggers. Boom!
4) I also had a few sake bombs *and* a Heineken. Thud!

I quickly pointed out to everyone there why my nickname is PK. Let's just say that I was incredibly drunk but still maintained my composure and my stomach contents. I swear people were looking at me waiting for me to keel over and die. I did get the comment that I had enough alcohol in me to kill a baby elephant.

"Here's to PK he's true blue.
He's a piss-pot through and through.
He's a bastard so they say,
Tried to go to heaven but he went the other way"

Wasn't I supposed to stop binge drinking once I left Uni?

No comments: