29 October 2004

Key West, take 2

Key West has a massive festival called "Fantasy Fest" that finishes up this weekend, and I'm going to it today, Saturday and maybe a bit of Sunday. Now, my last time in Key West was pretty interesting so I'm a bit apprehensive about this one. The only place I could find accomodation was at a Bed and Breakfast place (that doesn't serve breakfast) located on Marathon Key, about 45 mins drive away from Key West. The guy who owns it is a Vietnam veteran and he was a fighter pilot who flew over 200 missions, so it should be interesting hearing what he has to say for himself. He's also a massive environmental activist who has had no small part in preventing a lot of Key Largo from being developed and subsequently destroyed. His name is "Captain EcoEd" but for some reason I keep on shortening that to "Captain Co-ed". Uhhh, yeah.

No comments: