03 December 2004

A nice sunny day

it's about 23C outside, nice and sunny but I also happened to notice the smog hanging about, and then the number of SUVs around with only one person driving. Which bothers me a little. I used to car pool a lot when working back in Adelaide. So if it's one thing I've noticed while I've been over here, it's how incredibly wasteful American society is. It's just downright amazing. The number of SUVs is just the tip of the iceberg. The fact that I'm not even given the option of recycling paper and cardboard at my apartment is another ice crystal in that massive iceberg.

Anyway, enough of that. I'm currently planning my Christmas/New Year's trip to the west coast. So far a visit to San Francisco, LA, Yosemite National Park and Lake Tahoe is on the cards. I'm travelling with a couple of crew from that side of the US and I think this trip shall be nothing short of an absolute blast!

No comments: