21 December 2004

Ready for the trip

I really should be getting some rest at the moment, but I have a problem with getting any sleep before I'm due to catch a plane the next morning. I have this fear that I'll sleep through my alarm so I'll spend most of tonight waking up every half an hour and checking the time - and that's even if I do get to sleep!

I got this SMS from one of my friends who I'm meeting up with in LA:
"Hey Gringo! Campfire tunes are going to crank. We just purchased a guitar, maracas, bongos and a flute from Mexico :-) Adios amigo!"

The next 2 weeks are going to be packed full of stuff. Tomorrow I fly into LA and whilst there am going to check out Venice Beach, Malibu, Beverley Hills and Hollywood. The next day we begin the drive to San Francisco which is about a 400 mile drive. We spend three nights in SF, doing such things as seeing Alcatraz and a whole bunch of other stuff. I've seen to it that the schedule for SF will be nice and busy. After SF we drive to Yosemite national park and spend two nights there. After that we go to Lake Tahoe for skiing and snowboarding, and perhaps snowmobiling. We spend New Years Eve in Tahoe which is supposed to go off! Looking forward to that. Then we drive to Phoenix and I spend a day hanging around there. I get back on Tuesday 4th Jan at 5am in the morning, and then I go straight to work. Hehe, I'm going to be stuffed.

Right, I better get to sleep... right after I transfer these Spanish lessons to my iPod. Hasta luego!

No comments: