04 September 2004

The calm before the storm... or not?

I need to see something happen here. My mind normally races at a million miles an hour, and I have some mechanisms built in place to filter out a lot of the crap that could come out. I do it for all you lovely people out there. If I didn't of course, you probably wouldn't be reading this because you probably would write me off as being 'a bit of a weird wanker'. But, my mind is racing and I have nothing to occupy it with. I'm turning into a freaking psycho here. I'm going to turn into one of the performers at Key West, sprouting out mis-guided gibberish at harmless tourists passing by for measly tips.

As you may or may not have guessed, I'm running on alcohol at the moment. It's nearly 1 am in the morning. Hurricane Frances has decided to park its flossy butt about 150 miles east of where I am. Not only that, it's decided to turn into a bit of a wuss by downgrading itself to a category 2 hurricane. I don't know what is going on with this hurricane, I ain't used to them, but it seems the local weather presenters over here don't have a clue of what's going on either. Not even the guy on channel 7 who wears the pin-stripe suit and as far as I can tell, has not mispronounced a word so far, knows what the dickens is going on. It seemed like when it was first approaching the Florida coast that Frances' vengence would be swift and harsh. Now it's crawling along at 6 miles per hour and it's wreaking havoc on the Bahamas. That's pretty bad because the infrastructure in the Bahamas for this sort of thing is pretty crap, according to one of my civil engineer friends over here who frequents the place.

I think I would speak for a lot of people when I say that impatience is growing. Everyone is waiting for something to happen. 2.5 million people have evacuated Florida because of Frances. By now it was supposed to be half way over Florida, but the bugger has decided to be a prick and taunt us. Do nothing or do something Frances! Leave the Bahamas alone. Come and pick on someone your own size (reality check - it is as big as Florida state).

We can't go outside. All the shops are shut for tomorrow and probably the next day and the next day after that. People want to return to their homes. People want to get out of their shelters. Personally, I can't keep on drinking - do you know how expensive drinks are in a Sheraton hotel?

It's now or never Frances. If you're going to do something, do it now. If you're not, stop prancing around and get the f out of here.

No comments: